Butterfly Girl

Daily learning to fly....

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I am outta here! In a little more then 12 hours I will be waking up to begin my journey to the National Youth Workers Convention in Atlanta!!! I am so excited. Six of us will jump in the car and hit the road at 5 AM! I just know it will be great. I am so excited to hear Louie Giglio and Andy Stanley. I am so excited to see Desperation Band and all the other worship people. I am excited to take a road trip with this team. The only thing I wish was different is that I wish more of student ministries was going on this trip. :( I love being a part of RustProof and Velocity. I was able to do an Outreach project with RP last Saturday and it was a blast. I was in RP all weekend and went to Velocity after the FOREVER GOC practice Sunday night. haha. My weekend was so jam packed of students!!! And I tell ya, there is NOTHING better then that. They bring me such total JOY! From Jordan last week to Channnn on Sunday.....Trevor in the middle.....6 RP middle school girls serving....BMAC and Olivia.....Abby and Ferd.....Jesse, Zack, Matt, Travis and Dale.....Megan and Cali.....my Velocity 10th grade girls small group and a great hug from Luke.....just doesnt get any better. I know God has given them to me to love and lead and push and challenge. I am called to it and I love it. And this weekend will be all about challenging me and pushing me to lead and love better. They are worth it. I am FOREVER grateful for the Holy Spirit in me that leads me and guides my words to them. **Sarcasm included. hee-hee. I am also thankful for how they come to me and want the relationships they have with me. It comes easy and naturally and that is a GOD THING.

With the holidays approaching I will see less and less of the UnderGround and their sweet faces on the regular with all that is going on in Big Church....but there are good things to look forward to....Turkey Bowl and the New Years Eve all nighter.....and I know God will have their precious feet cross my path and their sweet hands send lots of texts. :)

This Thanksgiving, I give thanks for the students I get to love on and the friends that I have. For all that God has provided, continues to provide and will provide always. I am happy for the gift of Salvation that I have been given. I am thankful for my small group and for my family. For baby Aaron. I am thankful to use my gifts to serve the church as I have been privileged to do. I take none of it for granted. God gives and gives and gives.....He is the ultimate Teacher and Friend. Thank you Lord, thank you.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! XOXOXOXO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home